Matt and I did a webinar and Q&A on the Insanity Cycle that happens too often in marriage conflict. It was a two hour event, the first hour public and the second a private Q&A over Zoom with registered participants.
This is the first hour where Matt and I walk you through why couples find themselves looping sometimes on the same argument- for years. It is common for couples to get into an unhealthy pattern of triggering each other. Getting out of that pattern is the hard part. Once you start triggering each other, it is hard to get out of that downward spiral we call the Insanity Cycle. Are you ready to change the way you and your spouse fight? Are you ready to end the unhealthy patterns and get back to respecting each other?
Here is some of what we cover in this episode:
- A walk through the Insanity Cycle and how couples stay stuck in it
- How a couple tends to include a Pursuer and a Withdrawer
- How you are both feeling and saying the same thing but not hearing each other
- How the Pursuer and Withdrawer trigger each other to continue the Insanity Cycle
- Ways you can stop the Cycle of hurt and destruction in your marriage
- How you can play the "Maturity Game" speak lifegiving truth to your spouse
If you would like to hear Part 2, where we take your questions and dive deeper, you can find it on the LG Shop! This digital download includes Part 1 & 2 Videos as well as a listening guide to help you apply it to your life and marriage. While you're there, take a look at some of the other digital downloads as well!